We should stop pretending we have a Constitution.

Marine Marine

We should stop pretending we have a Constitution.

"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one, subject to particular exceptions."
        ~James Madison, letter to Edmund Pendleton, 1792

People forget why the Constitution was written. It was to limit the powers of the federal government, thereby protecting us from them. I've said many times over the years that, if the government can use the General Welfare statement and the Interstate Commerce clause to justify everything they want to do, there's no longer anything they're forbidden to do. It's as if the Constitution no longer exists. We're no longer protected from our government. We should stop pretending we have a Constitution.

Never try to fool yourself. It doesn't work.
        ~ Gordon  Curtis

~ Marine