ObamaCare...give DRS right to do whatever evil they want

Lea Lea

ObamaCare...give DRS right to do whatever evil they want

The following happened last November before Congress knelt down in adoration of the illegal alien in the Oval Office; I shudder to think what will be foisted onto those of us totally dependent on MediCare/MedicAid now that ObamaBleep has been accepted. Keeping this as concise as possible, I had pneumonia. I had it so badly I got shoved into an I C U bed for four days. Two Dr Wonderfuls (HA!) insisted I accept IV'd steroid (prednisone) as treatment. "Please don't give me steroids, I react so weirdly to them I believe I'm allergic, (my "No" statement #1). "Please read my file and todays' intake pages I had to fill out before anyone would so much as LOOK at me; I can't handle steroids. Is there something else that might help, to take the place of the IV'd steroids?" ("NO" #2). ("NO!" #3, when I was through trying to be polite:) "Check the Allergies and Sensitivities page in my file! Read todays' sheaf of pages I had to fill out. I react very badly to steroids. The Patients' Bill of Rights states that (quote) 'A patient has the right to refuse any offered course of treatment.' " Continuing, "I am now invoking my right to refuse the steroid treatment you doctors are insisting I accept. Do not give me steroids of any sort." Drs. Wonderful: "Oh, we are putting you in I C U. You will be alright; you will be monitored very closely. Come along now, stop arguing with us, WE are the doctors, you know." I have to admit I caved in and became the Good Little Patient that Drs Wonderful in Clearlake CA's hospital wanted me to be since they claimed there was no alternative to steroid treatment for pneumonia. Well, I could have signed myself out AMA (Against Medical Advice) and gone home likely to die but really didn't feel like death would be a good idea. So I accepted the IV'd steroid and treatment from the two docs, one of whom wrote for inclusion in my file that: "Patient will be given prednisone IV and her current prescribed medications from Pharmacy stores except for one which I don't know what it is." (That's true, dr didn't know what one prescription was, so rather than consult a medical dictionary, some other doctor or gee gosh, the patient, he decided I didn't need one medication that I use regularly.) Good thing the non-understood med wasn't Atrovent administered by nebulizer which I was using every six hours around the clock BEFORE being hit by the pneumonia... But: as I expected it would, the prednisone affected me so badly that I went into hallucinations. I thought I was in a plywood-walled room, no doors nor windows for the room, and complete with wind and rain storms. Got so scared that I got out of bed and tried to find a way out of that bare plywood-walled room. What that got me was yelled at by I C U monitor-watchers: "Why are you out of bed? You set off many alarms!" The monitor-watchers barely paused for breath but, when they did, I tried to get someone's attention. "I asked that I not be given steroids. I am hallucinating. NOW will you please contact my regular doc and get this IV out of my arm, or shall I remove it myself?" "If you so much as touch that IV you will be put into restraints." Such wonderful, caring people....oh sure. And now ObamaNoCare has sailed to victory. I really feel it would be better, at least here in Clearlake CA, to stay out of hospital where the supposedly educated workers are not required to pay attention to anything a patient says. God help us all. Lea.