ObamaCare.... Congress has no right to meddle in health care matters.

Marine Marine

ObamaCare.... Congress has no right to meddle in health care matters.

The US Congress has no right to meddle in health care matters. See: US Constitution, Article 1, Section 8 and the 10th Amendment.

In Article I, Section 8, you'll find that We, the People, gave our government the authority to deal with national matters, e.g., America's interstate and international commerce; naturalization of immigrants; coining money; Standards of Weights and Measures; punishing counterfeiters; post offices; issue patents and copyrights; piracy; and a few other matters.

However there's not one word in Article I that allows any government intrusion at all into health care. Politicians constantly try to twist, distort, reinterpret, misinterpret, stretch, mutilate and bastardize our Constitution and, for the past hundred years, they've been writing unconstitutional laws every day because we've let them get away with it. We don't punish them for it.

The powers we granted to the government are commonly called "the legitimate functions of government." There are no other government powers than those listed in the Constitution. In fact, the Tenth Amendment expressly prohibits their assuming or usurping any more powers than those listed. This is what "limited government" means. This was the primary purpose of the Constitution, to protect private citizens from their government. According to the Constitution, health care is not a "legitimate, constitutional function of government."

~ Marine